The Healthcare Surfaces Summit is a cutting edge collaboration between organizations and professionals working to mitigate the spread of health-care associated infections with a focus on surfaces.
Our mission is to:
“Reduce preventable infections through collaboration of industry, academia, science, regulatory, and service sectors by interrupting the transmission of surface related pathogens in healthcare in support of community health.”
This work will be accomplished during an annual meeting and through work-groups that carry out projects throughout the year.
- We provide a platform for collaboration between organizations and individuals focused in all areas of expertise to identify critical surface issues and develop multi-modal solutions to mitigate the spread of infection;
- We collaborate, support and develop educational programs and materials;
- We develop guidelines and best practices as it relates to surfaces within healthcare facilities;
- We review existing research and make recommendations for additional necessary systematic work in order to increase stock of knowledge and to devise new applications;
- We support policy changes driven by research and best practices that mitigate the spread of infection and provides a safe healthcare environment for healthcare workers, patients and the general public.
While the focus of the summit is healthcare, outcomes as a result of the Healthcare Surfaces Summit reach far beyond just healthcare to include; education, transportation, tourism and many others!